Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Apple Desktops (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-desktops/)
-   -   new imac (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-desktops/222366-new-imac.html)

berrill 12-05-2010 03:41 PM

new imac
 
Im in the market for a new iMac, but would like to wait until apple upgrades the speeds and specs.

I know no one knows for sure, but how long is it expected before we see an upgrade

Thanks

Antony

s2odin 12-05-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berrill (Post 1149683)
Im in the market for a new iMac, but would like to wait until apple upgrades the speeds and specs.

I know no one knows for sure, but how long is it expected before we see an upgrade

Thanks

Antony

Nobody knows. Could be a few months, could be longer.

But I personally don't expect it to be a big refresh as Apple seems kinda slow on the technology bandwagon.

And what do you need a faster cpu for? Are you doing really cpu intensive tasks?

Snowleopard 12-05-2010 09:54 PM

Hello >
 
I am a new poster here but i got my first Mac last year which i was very happy with, i also got a new MacBook Pro only yesterday so the perfomance of both machines impresses me i expected the MacBook Pro to be alot slower than the bigger iMAC really but it isnt and thats impressive!

Quote:

Originally Posted by berrill (Post 1149683)
Im in the market for a new iMac, but would like to wait until apple upgrades the speeds and specs.

I know no one knows for sure, but how long is it expected before we see an upgrade

Thanks

Antony


chas_m 12-06-2010 04:26 AM

If you're waiting for the next processor upgrade, that's probably QUITE a while off. They only just made the jump to i5/i7 and I wouldn't expect any big changes or tweaks to that for quite some time.

Buzzard2010 12-06-2010 04:43 AM

I would think the next major step would be towards the end of 2011 - the middle of 2012, after intel brings out the new sockets for their processors. This is all rumour of course, more info about it here: Rumour: New socket to replace LGA1366 due in 2011 | bit-tech.net

- Simon

Steve Austin 12-06-2010 06:48 AM

As others have said, could be a way off yet. My advice would be to get an iMac now (the best one you can afford at the moment) a 27inch i5/i7 if you can and as much ram as your funds permit.

I bought my present (aluminium) mac in 2007 (a 24inch 2.8ghz core 2 duo) and it still performs brilliantly today.

berrill 12-06-2010 11:28 AM

Thanks all, im off to spend some cash


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.