Emac
    Unhappy PowerMac G3 ,Two Hard Drives & Tiger Need Help!!
    I have a PowerMac G3 Blue and White and in it, it has a 10 gig hard drive, I purchased an external Maxtor 40 gig hard drive to put in the g3 should I put it in? Also I want to transfer all the whole 10 gig hard drive to the 40 gig is there a program or any way possible to do that?

Any Help Would Be Appreciated!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emac
    I have a PowerMac G3 Blue and White and in it, it has a 10 gig hard drive, I purchased an external Maxtor 40 gig hard drive to put in the g3 should I put it in? Also I want to transfer all the whole 10 gig hard drive to the 40 gig is there a program or any way possible to do that?

What OS is on the G3 now. There's a program called carbon copy clone, I think, but I'm not sure if it's for OS X only. Look it up on the internet.

ed724

Specs:
    Power Mac G4 (Gigabit Ethernet) 400 MHz
    Quote Originally Posted by Emac

My first question is about when you said it's a external drive. Is it really a external drive, or did you intend to say that it's a internal one?

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Like a few others have said, tell us more. What OS are you running? Also if you know, does it have the Revision 1 or Revision 2 motherboard? One quick way you can tell is does it have the Dual drive bracket so you can install 2 HDD's one on top of the other? That usually means it's a REV 2. The Rev 1 has problems with some hard drives and data corruption problems with 2 hard drives installed.

Thread Information