Mac Mini Newbie Questions
    I just bought a Mac Mini.

Could I just connect it to my HDMI connection on my LCD TV with an HDMI cable? I tried this, but I'm not getting a picture, even though I switch over my TV to the HDMI source.

Also, I thought I could use a wireless keyboard and mouse that I had laying around, but turns out it has a PS/2 keyboard connector. So it doesn't look like I could use that. Is there an inexpensive keyboard/mouse that I could buy to use on the MacMini?

Shakopee, MN
    iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
    I'm assuming you have a new Mac mini with a built-in HDMI cable. You should be able to connect it to your HDTV using the HDMI cable. I'm not sure why you're not getting a picture. I have an older model (before the current one), so I can't really answer this question for you. I'll leave it to others who do own the current model.

As for keyboard and mouse combos, pretty much any USB keyboard or mouse will work with the Mac. Find one you like and you should be all set.

15" MPB
    go into System Preferences ->Displays and check the "mirror display" box. That or another setting in the display options, perhaps the "Detect Display" button should help you along. I don't have the new model mini, so I'm not %100 sure but it's a place to start.

Mac Mini 2010 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 320GB HDD, 320M
    I got my 2010 Mac Mini 2 Days ago and i just plugged it right into my Plasma using HDMi and it worked right away, just make sure you adjust the overscan. also if you selected a resolution that isn't supported by the TV it wont produce picture, try use 720p or 1080i/p. Does the TV show up at all in System prefs?
    Hacking - Doing what the developers couldn't.

Thread Information