New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Imac won't show internet pictures? HELP!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

joshmarks

joshmarks is on a distinguished road

I have tried everything. My Imac won't show any online pictures. When I go on the yahoo homepage, it shows everything except the pictures (the news headline picture in the center, ect.) Do I just have to update a plugin or something? Please help!!! I had norton, and I un-installed it today, but the pics still arent showing!
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

I'm assuming this problem happens in all your web browsers? If you don't have another browser besides Safari then try installing Firefox and Google's Chrome to see if you still have the problem.

Since you do have an antivirus installed that could be the cause of your problem. A lot of antivirus software can be turned off temporarily. You should try that and see if it solves your problem or turn off all the high security features in Norton. Antivirus software can block certain features in a website if you allow it to in the settings.

When was the first time you had this problem? Was it before of after installing Norton antivirus? Did it happen after you installed something else? In other words do you remember making any changes that might have caused the problem?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Flash playing a part in it ??

Just a thought

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Just another thought - Norton and MacOS X are not a good combination, according to several threads I've read on four Mac forums. It is largely redundant/superfluous for the Mac OS anyway, so unless you're dealing a lot with Windows users and their numerous trojan/virus problems, consider ditching Norton altogether.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Do not consider ditching Norton's - do it today!

Norton's made great utilities back in the classic days but they are not with it now! Ask why pay to download Windows virus definitions to a Mac when the viruses will not run under the Unix operating system? There are no Mac OS X viruses.
QUOTE Thanks
Printerman

Printerman is a jewel in the roughPrinterman is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac10,1, 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 10.8.2, 21.5" screen.

Isn't there also an option for your browser to not load any pictures at all.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« using spider 2pro | G5 tower freezes, screen is blank on start up »