New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Advice on new purchase?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Fragil1ty

Fragil1ty has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 320GB Serial ATA Drive, 320GB External HDD

So I wasn't able to get my Mac straight away and will have to wait until January, this isn't too bad and I've been doing a little searching a little comparing and I've come up with this;

Now baring in mind, I will be using my student discount when buying these products, so I will be getting 15% off which would make the final products;

Macbook Pro - 849.99
Mac Mini (Upgraded) - 782.85

Now from my personal perspective, it would seem that by buying the Mac Mini but with my upgrades, I'm getting a lot more for my money, where as the Macbook Pro costs more but obviously, it's portable.

Thoughts/Oppinions guys?
QUOTE Thanks
clive12

clive12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.

Do you want a portable computer such as the Macbook or one to use at home like the mini.

The mini also doesnt come with a screen or other things you would get with a imac.

Entry level imac is 999 so if you should be able to get one for 849 and it would come with the same hd as the mini, same ram but faster processor. You also would get a 21.5 inch screen included in the purchase.
QUOTE Thanks
Fragil1ty

Fragil1ty has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 320GB Serial ATA Drive, 320GB External HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by clive12 View Post
Do you want a portable computer such as the Macbook or one to use at home like the mini.

The mini also doesnt come with a screen or other things you would get with a imac.

Entry level imac is 999 so if you should be able to get one for 849 and it would come with the same hd as the mini, same ram but faster processor. You also would get a 21.5 inch screen included in the purchase.
It's mainly going to be used for my studies @ university.
I was initially looking for something portable, but I prefer desktop machines, I've also already got a screen that could be used, rather new actually, a 22" samsung @ 1080p / 1920x1080.
QUOTE Thanks
clive12

clive12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragil1ty View Post
It's mainly going to be used for my studies @ university.
I was initially looking for something portable, but I prefer desktop machines, I've also already got a screen that could be used, rather new actually, a 22" samsung @ 1080p / 1920x1080.
Would go for the MBP then as you may need to take it into University.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help needed! Finder frozen up | Help please - How to reconnect iTunes App with iTunes Library »