New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mac Mini lost VDI output - only works with VGA adaptor

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

egomet

egomet is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone

I hope some of you can help with I think a very unsual issue with video out on my Mac Mini:

It only displays video on external monitor if using the VGA adaptor (which gives a blurred image) but if using the DVI output it just gives no signal.

May I point out that:
- I rulled out it is a cable problem (works fine on another laptop).
- I did all the things apple recomends like resetting PRAM, PMU etc. and all it recomends at: Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode

Also one other element:

I had the Mac Mini working fine with DVI output at the beginning.
The issue first occured since I tried a monitor switch/upgrade.
However now it just does not work anymore in VDI on any monitor whatsoever and tehre is no going back.

Really appreciate any help you'll be able to give.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

How about some details? What year model Mac Mini, which version of OS X? Monitor brand model? In the meantime try resetting the SMC.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connect to server failure | Kernel Panic! Can't boot up at all! »