New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Program similar to Autosketch/QuickCad?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

arthouse

arthouse is on a distinguished road

Hi guys, bought my iMac yesterday with the intention of using Windows 7 via Bootcamp to use a small Autodesk CAD program called Autosketch 10, in conjunction with Microsoft Excel for my new Cabinetmaking business starting soon.
I'm just about over trying to load Windows and i'm now thinking about doing away with it. Tbh i'm not that keen on having to restart the computer every time i want to access the Mac.
I've bought MS Office with Excel for the iMac which is unstalled and great to use with the iMac

So my question is, does anyone know of a program similar to Autosketch? Very basic drawing really, i need to do floor plans and drawings of installed cabinetry (Kitchens etc) accurate to 1mm. I need different snap options, fitted curves, line thickness etc and be able to import the occasional dwg file. Just a basic version of CAD essentially.

Would appreciate any advise!!

Matt.
QUOTE Thanks
Chasaaan

Chasaaan is on a distinguished road

I could only use it by installing VM ware
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Using Powermac G3 as NAS | OS X not recognizing external hard drive »