iMac not recognizing start-up disk
    Time Machine froze my computer two days ago, and when I tried to restart, I got the lovely folder with a question mark. I reset the PRAM (Apple Support told me to wait four chimes), and everything was fine.

Today, the same thing happened. I was able to get my Mac up and running to try and repair the disk through Disk Utility, but it wouldn't repair, so I tried to run Disk Utility and repair the hard drive through the install CD. I got an error saying "invalid sibling link", and now I'm unable to get my computer to boot up at all without the install CD, and even when I do get the install CD to work, my hard drive isn't recognized.

I've tried resetting the PRAM, but nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions? I have everything backed up (thank God), so even if there is some way to just reinstall the entire system from the install CD, that'd be fine.

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Here's a LINK with instructions on how to fix that error. However, if you're not comfortable with using Terminal you may be better off doing a reinstall and then restoring from Time Machine.

Also, it's possible that your hard drive is failing or getting ready to fail. It's a good idea to make sure your backups are up to date. You didn't mention if your iMac is still under warranty or not. If it is, it might be a good idea to let Apple handle this problem for you. Changing out a hard drive in an iMac is a fairly difficult task.

Thread Information