New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Cinema Display Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Traveller777

Traveller777 is on a distinguished road

Hey

I just have an issue with my display/power supply, at least that is what I had been gathering.

A few weeks ago my display would power on and show the white led light in the corner, however the display would remain black. If I then unplugged the power supply for awhile and plugged it back in the display would then work. It kept doing that, and then eventually stopped displaying altogether. I then took the display and the power supply to an apple centre and it worked fine. I then thought that maybe it was the power cable, so I bought a new power cable, got it home and it worked. But then when I powered the computer off it stopped working again. I then went back to thinking there was something wrong with the power supply brick, because I know the monitor will work, and the computer has always been turning on fine with the chime and I can hear it log in if I type in my password.

I ordered a new power brick off ebay, and it hasnt fixed the problem. Im proberly going to take it in and send it off to apple, just want to see if anyone else has had a similar problem. I have read other people having similar problems, however they all said the problem was fixed when they replaced the power brick.

Thanks

Nick
QUOTE Thanks
zactommo

zactommo is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a back light problem. When the display "doesn't go" can you see the picture very faintly if you look closely, or shine a light at the screen?
QUOTE Thanks
Traveller777

Traveller777 is on a distinguished road

No its pitch black, I cant see anything at all.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« IMAC G4 Won't Start??? | Using time machine with a non intel Imac »