06-24-2010, 12:04 AM #1
Upgrading ram on Snow Leopard iMac Intel
- Member Since
- Jun 23, 2010
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM41.0055.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.1f5
Now I want to know if my iMac would easily take a memory chip in, how much it can take and the price it should be.
My iMac runs pretty good on Snow Leopard 10.6 and I like Intels more so I'm thinking of sticking with my old little iMac but I'm hoping I CAN still fix it up.
And there's 1 more thing I'd like to know:
My iMac is one of those mean defected ones where a white vertical line started to appear a little after my warranty expired and I've been using it like it is lately and have been used to it.
Here's a recent picture:
(I'm running Windows 7 on Parallels)
So here's some questions about my white vertical line problem:
1. Can I hook up another monitor/screen?
2. What's the best connection for full quality, VGA, HDMI, etc?
3. Will I be able to use both my iMac screen and the new one? Or just one?
4. I have a 22 inch 1080i with VGA input, what resolution would it give me?
1. Will my 2gig iMac (Early 06) take in more memory? If so how much more?
2. Where should I buy my RAM chips/memory? (Not sure how they're really called)
3. How much more gigs do I need to see a big difference?
4. Are these items good?
1GB Memory RAM for Apple iMac Intel 1.83GHz Core 2 Duo - eBay (item 270588702602 end time Jul-03-10 14:57:09 PDT)
2GB RAM MEMORY APPLE MAC iMAC Intel 2.16GHz CORE 2 DUO - eBay (item 390172535689 end time Jul-18-10 10:07:25 PDT)
Now I don't know how adding/replacing ram works but is it possible to keep the 2gig I have now and add more? Or is it that I have to replace it? That confuses me. I want to be able to have at least up to 4 ram.
For those who bothered to take on my somewhat long (but easy to some) post, thank you VERY much.
06-24-2010, 01:44 PM #2
- Member Since
- Jun 14, 2007
- 2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By mikehende in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 16Last Post: 06-24-2015, 07:36 AM
By mikehende in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 43Last Post: 03-11-2015, 06:42 AM
By mrbenn in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 5Last Post: 07-24-2011, 07:42 PM
By ioaus09 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 3Last Post: 12-21-2009, 06:48 AM
By Rcynic in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 4Last Post: 09-05-2009, 04:09 AM