Exclamation Mac Pro - "EFI Boot" - What is it? HELP :(
    Ok so first let me tell you my setup. I have 2 HDDs. The 1st one has OSX Leopard, and Windows XP on it. The 2nd one has OSX Snow Leopard on it, and is the main hard drive that I boot on for daily use.

Alright, so today I was on my regular "Macintosh HD2" HDD in Snow Leopard. My internet connection stopped working, so I decided to try a restart because my apartments internet is retarded like that. So when I restarted, the loading screen looked normal with the exception of a loading bar that came up. This loading bar never loaded completely, and just disappeared. After that, it just stayed on the loading screen forever, and never booted up.

I manually rebooted, and held down the option key to select which HDD I wanted to start in. For some odd reason, instead of it being named "Macintosh HD2," it was now named "EFI Boot." I am unsure why, and what this means. However, I tried to do a disk utility repair with my install DVD, and it failed the repair.

Now, when I start into my "Macintosh HD1," the second hard drive is not even visible in Finder.

Did my HD poop out on me? Does anyone have a solution. Please

Banks Peninsula, New Zealand
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.10 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    See if any of these suggestions pertain to your situation Volume suddenly named 'EFI boot' and can't boot OS X - Mac Forums and Suddenly my Mac volume is named "EFI Boot" and I cant get it to boot - Mac Forums. There's another thread on macrumors that discusses a damaged logic board, so I hope that isn't the problem.
    Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Thanks. I'm checking those out now to see if anything would help.

Thread Information