New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

apple care worth it?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

supremeoverlord

Hey, I was just wondering how likely it would be that my emac will break in the next 2yrs. My coverage is almost up and I don't know if I want to spend the money on apple care. Any advice?
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

if you don't get apple care and it breaks you are going to wish you did have it, because anything that breaks is going to cost more then the 300 it cost for apple care, just take the precaution and get it.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
iMe

2 years? - Not likely. I wouldnt buy, but its better to be safe than sorry. I'm just a type of person who likes to push the limits.
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

iNAP has a spectacular aura about

best money I ever spent, they are there for the most common sense things..which is good being fairly new to computers I neeed it Got 3 year package couple of months ago, when I bought my imac Can not say enough about them, I even feel guilty for calling so often but they take it in stride! my opinion says get it! I'm worry free knowing Apple is behind any problems.

Oh, Apple! that will be $10 bucks please

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
thank you MacForums and all it's members
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeoverlord
Hey, I was just wondering how likely it would be that my emac will break in the next 2yrs.
That is a question that nobody can really answer, which is why there is the option of AppleCare... :black:
But to answer as to whether it is worth it or not....yes, it is worth the money.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
ineedanewmac

I never got it. A year after the waranty expired, my Ibook went nuts (logic board). Luckily. Oh so luckily, it was covered by the ibook logic board recal. Ive had it now for 4 years, and no other problems. I will, however be getting AppleCare next time.
QUOTE Thanks
djlee12

djlee12 has a spectacular aura about

One word; Yes.

DJ Lee

Watts Up Productions
www.wattsupproductions.com
QUOTE Thanks
adamxj2

i bought my g5 and cinema displ;ay in like april 2004
I waited until like march and then i bought it
now if anything happens
I am cover although it was 300
i feel a lot safer
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

With AppleCare I believe you also get phone support.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
With AppleCare I believe you also get phone support.
You do

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac mini startup issues | imac hardware swappin »