New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Macbook Pro - FINDER: Multiple selections for adding attachments for email

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

KMac777

KMac777 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a), 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Intel 2.4 GHz

Hi I am trying to figure out how to select multiple files at one time from the FINDER view when adding attachments to my emails. When adding attachments to my email and the FINDER window is displaying, I can only select one (1) file at a time. However, I want to select more than 1 file at a time. I tried holding down the SHIFT button but this does not work.
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

Trying holding down the Command key when selecting multiple files.
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Welcome to Mac-Forums!

You should try Repair Permissions, preferably using OnyX Titanium Software appropriate to your OS version. Holding the Shift button for multiple selections should work.

I'd like to add to EndlessMac's signature to ask that you post your OS version. Whilst it's noted that you operate a MacBook Pro, the issue you've raised is really OS-related, not hardware.

You can put Mac specs and OS in either your profile, or in a signature. Both those features are accessible through the Profile link near the top of each M-F page.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

Hughvane is right. Holding down the shift key should also work. I somehow missed that point in the OP's post.

Also KMac what email are you using? Is it Mac's Mail or a website email like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc?
QUOTE Thanks
KMac777

KMac777 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a), 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Intel 2.4 GHz

Hey thanks for the response and I have updated my stats in my profile. Macbook Pro 15" Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a), 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Intel 2.4 GHz. Also, I am using MSN Hotmail.
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Any joy yet with attaching multiple files?

Have you tried just dragging the file(s) [Shift-click] from the Finder window to the email page? I know it works with some email apps, but if you're composing mail while online with Hotmail, I can't be sure that it would work.

Well done with posting the Mac specs.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Pro 1.1 replacement video card | MAC Shock Help »