Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15" Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a), 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Intel 2.4 GHz
    Unhappy Macbook Pro - FINDER: Multiple selections for adding attachments for email
    Hi I am trying to figure out how to select multiple files at one time from the FINDER view when adding attachments to my emails. When adding attachments to my email and the FINDER window is displaying, I can only select one (1) file at a time. However, I want to select more than 1 file at a time. I tried holding down the SHIFT button but this does not work.

Specs:
    2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
    Trying holding down the Command key when selecting multiple files.

Specs:
    MacMini 4.1, OS 10.11 and 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.11, MacBook 4.1, OS 10.6.8
    Welcome to Mac-Forums!

You should try Repair Permissions, preferably using OnyX Titanium Software appropriate to your OS version. Holding the Shift button for multiple selections should work.

I'd like to add to EndlessMac's signature to ask that you post your OS version. Whilst it's noted that you operate a MacBook Pro, the issue you've raised is really OS-related, not hardware.

You can put Mac specs and OS in either your profile, or in a signature. Both those features are accessible through the Profile link near the top of each M-F page.
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Specs:
    2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
    Hughvane is right. Holding down the shift key should also work. I somehow missed that point in the OP's post.

Also KMac what email are you using? Is it Mac's Mail or a website email like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc?

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15" Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a), 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Intel 2.4 GHz
    My stats...
    Hey thanks for the response and I have updated my stats in my profile. Macbook Pro 15" Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a), 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Intel 2.4 GHz. Also, I am using MSN Hotmail.

Specs:
    MacMini 4.1, OS 10.11 and 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.11, MacBook 4.1, OS 10.6.8
    Any joy yet with attaching multiple files?

Have you tried just dragging the file(s) [Shift-click] from the Finder window to the email page? I know it works with some email apps, but if you're composing mail while online with Hotmail, I can't be sure that it would work.

Well done with posting the Mac specs.
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Thread Information