New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Macjanitor on imac G5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Conehead778

Conehead778 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Imac G5 17 inch w/ 1 gig of ram, 6 gb ipod mini, and 12" Powerbook G4

Hey everyone got a quick question
Ok, i am new to macs my imac G5 is my first mac. So i installed macjanitor and it seems to make its own harddrive, on my desktop, can i eject macjanitor or do i leave it how it is on my desktop??
Please help!?
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead778
Hey everyone got a quick question
Ok, i am new to macs my imac G5 is my first mac. So i installed macjanitor and it seems to make its own harddrive, on my desktop, can i eject macjanitor or do i leave it how it is on my desktop??
Please help!?
What you're referring to is a disk image. Just drag the application icon from the disk image to your Applications folder (or whereever you want it to go) and then you can drag the disk image to the Trash to "eject" it.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
Conehead778

Mac Specs: Imac G5 17 inch w/ 1 gig of ram, 6 gb ipod mini, and 12" Powerbook G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan
What you're referring to is a disk image. Just drag the application icon from the disk image to your Applications folder (or whereever you want it to go) and then you can drag the disk image to the Trash to "eject" it.
do i open the mac janitor folder then take the program out and put it on my hard drive is that what your saying???
QUOTE Thanks
Conehead778

and also what is a .dmg file?
QUOTE Thanks
iLEFTOVERCRACK

iLEFTOVERCRACK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb

click and drag it to your applications folder then you can eject it

.dmg file is a desktop image file

QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

that is basically what he is saying....open the macjanitor disk image which should be located under your hard drive on your desk top...now in that window that opens up you should see the macjanitor icon in the main part of the window...on the left part of the window you should see your hard drive, desktop, applications etc...drag the macjanitor file onto the applications and it will be installed...then eject the macjanitor diskimage

edit...little late i guess...hope i didnt confuse you
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
Conehead778

Man you guys are great thanks alot!!
One more question so when i eject it after copying it over that is deleting it right??
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead778
Man you guys are great thanks alot!!
One more question so when i eject it after copying it over that is deleting it right??
No, you are just unmounting the disk image. It will take it off of your Desktop, but not delete anything. If you wanted to delete it, then you would need to drag the source file (the file with the .dmg extension) to the Trash and empty it. Even so, if you copied the application to your HD, you will still be able to run it...you just run it from whatever folder you copied it to and not directly from the disk image, that's all. :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can a g3 handle tiger? | Saving Imovie toa CD-R on my Mini »