New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Lost 10+ years of data, Advice trying to rebuild Backup system properly

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nvert

nvert is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP (Leo), iMac (SLeo, quad i5), iPhone 3g, AirportExtremem

Now, after much research, it's time for feedback about backup systmes from others with more experience. I have a concept diagram that I created and can be found here of what I currently am thinkin - this is a WIP diagram: backupdiagram on Mobile Me

After loosing 10+ years of photo, art, and other work from an external hdd crash + a pc hd crash both within 10day period, I now have a new iMac and shopping for the best backup solution PLUS a syncing solution between my travel Macbook Pro, iPhone and home workstation iMac. At the moment, I'm just trying to regather, I have not been able to shoot in over a month. I don't think I'll ever be the same because of this loss.

Any help/advice is appreciated.
Brad (aka nvert)
QUOTE Thanks
Boybland

Boybland is on a distinguished road

Make sure a full copy is going offsite on a regular basis in case of fire or other total disaster.

Its a manual process but having two external storage devices that you swap each week for example works ok as long as you remember to do it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« airport wireless card help | Help! New i-Mac makes sound like key stuck down »