New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

New to Mac and my boss has given me 3k spend for MAC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chezzy

chezzy is on a distinguished road

Hi,

My first post in Mac Forums... HELLO EVERYONE....

I am looking at Mac Pro 8 core with 8 Gb Ram and lots of other extra's

But the extra I want is SSD primary drive and Apple don't support this on their website..

Is there another UK website that does Custom Mac builds ??

I think its pointless with all the power and using a standard hard drive.... even in raid its no comparision..

Any ideas for Custom build websites in UK

Thanks

Lee
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Why pay someone good money to just put in a drive? Buy the drive you want and do it yourself after you get the machine.

The current iMac with the i7 will outperform the low end Mac Pro.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
B&O

B&O has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.

What are you going to be doing with your Mac? I take it we are talking in pounds, right?

MacBook Pro 2.66Ghz i7. Mac Mini 2.26Ghz C2D
iPhone 3G 16GB iPad 3G 64GB
Check out my flickr
QUOTE Thanks
chezzy

I thought putting my own in would void the warranty... Plus is it just a standard pc SSS drive

I would be using the mac pro with 4 x gfx cards for graphic design
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

No it does not void the warranty. This has never been the case on a Mac Pro. AppleCare would naturally not cover the drive you put into it. That would be covered by the manufacturer of the drive itself.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Plus, if you go with the Mac Pro, like any regular Desktop..it's easy to get access to the internals to upgrade components..You probably want to pay to get the right processor..but things like memory, HDD, graphics card, you can do that yourself..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
chezzy

So I'm ok with the warranty then and fitting shouldn't be a problem ive built pcs for 16 years

so now the question is what ssd drive I want the fastest lol
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Power mac G4 to intel | Powermac G5 reinstalling Leopard issues »