New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

PC guy needs IMac Networking help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Y2K

I'm creating a small network at home and dont have a clue how to network a
iMac to a PC running windows. Both computers will be connected to a router.
I can handle the physical connection that is running a patch cable from the iMac to the router I just dont know how to get my iMac to share resources with my PC and my PC to share resources with my Imac. Which protocol should I use get my iMac to comunicate with my PC TCP/IP? Is there a tutorial somewhere? Any help will be apreciated.
thanks,
QUOTE Thanks
ed724

ed724 is on a distinguished road

What SW version are running on the mac? If you have 10.3 you can get to shared drives on the Windoz box. You can also share volumes on the mac using the sharing control panel. If you have os9 you need some 3rd party software to look across the platforms.

ed724
QUOTE Thanks
Y2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed724
What SW version are running on the mac? If you have 10.3 you can get to shared drives on the Windoz box. You can also share volumes on the mac using the sharing control panel. If you have os9 you need some 3rd party software to look across the platforms.

ed724
how can i find out which SW ver i'm running?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New iMac G5 - Modem Troubles | Anti Virus/Maintanance Software & Upgrading Hardware »