New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

eric

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

maggoo1780

maggoo1780 is on a distinguished road

my friend is trying to install ps cs4 on her new mac pro she has ps cs4 already on her mac in the office can she install it on her new mac book because she tryed and it said one or more required components of Adobe photoshop cs4 failed to install correctly" any sugesstion would be great and im new at this whole mac thing just trying to help her out
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Interesting thread title.

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Both on 10.9.2 ~ iPhone5 iOS 7.1 ~ iPad Mini 7.1 ~ ATV2 6.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Very interesting ... Eric

You dont let us know what the components are that failed to install are.

The more info the better chance we have of helping your friend out ...
And really a title thread like Eric isnt going to get many people even looking at your thread. A title like "Problems with CS4 on new MB" would get a lot more traffic. Just FYI for the next time you want to post

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
"Can't innovate any more, my ***" Phil Schiller
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Indeed. It means 'Everyone Reply In Context'. Eric is a very long, un-punctuated sentence into the bargain. Nice chap though.

That said, the gist of it seems to invite the response ... "remove the old before installing the new". If there are any CS4 components on the new Mac Pro, get rid of them, preferably using Adobe Uninstall. Then try reinstalling.

Copying from one computer to another however is fraught with potential problems, because the proper Installer parks files, including invisible ones, in all sorts of places you don't even know about. You really should use the Adobe CS4 Install disk.

Check too that what you're seeking to do for your friend is in fact lawful, ie. copying an existing application from one computer to another.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughvane View Post
Indeed. It means 'Everyone Reply In Context'.
Yes this would have been the one logical explanation for the title "Eric"...if it was an acronym that was appropriate for this thread...and was simply an acronym that I personally wasn't familiar with.

But then if it was an acronym...then it would have been better to be in all caps "ERIC" or "E.R.I.C.".

Maybe there is a logical reason...and the OP will return with the thought process.

- Nick

p.s. Hughvane...yes and like you said...a long sentence with punctuation issues...and if you noticed...only one set of quotes.

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac 21.5 inch, 3.06Ghz 4GB RAM | Desktop for Programming »