New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Email viewing problems on Desktop & I phone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Beaubenson

Beaubenson is on a distinguished road

Hope this is in the correct forum.....

Im after a bit of advice, we are self employed, I work from home and my husband on the road and he needs to view the emails that come in whilst on the road so we bought iphones and set up the mail accounts.

The problem is that i work on a mac desktop and am viewing the emails as soon as they come through. However becasue Im viewing the emails straight away they don't seem to be going through on the email account to the iphone (same address used for desktop & iphone). It works if im out of the office and don't view the emails on the desktop, they'll then show up on the iphone etc

So is there a setting that I can change so that whether or not ive viewed the email on the desktop that it will still come through on the iphone?

Ive even tried putting a rule on the emails that come through on the desktop to be forwarded to a mobileme account which I wouldn't touch so that he can view them on their but the emails aren't forwarding, not sure what im doing wrong?!?

Any advice greatly appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
Zurfyvision

Zurfyvision is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac C2D 21.5" 3.06 Ghz 1TB HDD, iPhone 4, iPad 16gb Wi-Fi, ATV2, Macbook Air i5 11" (Mid 2011)

Are you using email through your ISP or an online email? What email client are you using in your office?
QUOTE Thanks
Chilbear

Chilbear is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5

I had this exact issue. I CC'd the emails (by the original ISP account) to a Gmail account then had the phones only check the Gmail account thus not intercepting the email checks by the desktop email program.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Gray screen of death | Just done my first upgrade »