New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Problems with Magic Mouse?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jade123

Jade123 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook White, 21.5" iMac, iPhone 3GS 16GB Black, 32Gb iPad, Apple TV 2nd gen

Hey, I'm new here and wondered if anybody could give me some advice.

I recently purchased an iMac 21.5" over Christmas, everything was fine and working perfectly (including the Magic Mouse).

However, about a month ago my Magic Mouse started to disconnect itself and just not respond or reconnect at all and the green light was not flashing- it just "went dead". The only way I could bring it back to life was to remove the batteries and replace them with new ones. Then everything would be fine. A few days later it would do this again and I'd have to repeat the process, using new batteries each time.

Now this has started happening more frequently, about 3 times a day. I've tried using different brands of battery, but it's still happening!
I was just wondering if anybody else has experienced this and if they could give me any advice? Is it worth taking to the Apple Store?

I have no other complaints about this mouse, I think it's fantastic but I'm now wondering whether a wired mouse is a better option!

Many thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Rottie

Rottie will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

If I were in your position, I would call Apple and speak to someone in the technical support team, regarding your Magic Mouse problems.
This way, should the mouse need replacing under warranty, your case will be documented at Apple's end and you will be assigned a case ID.

Apple may opt to replace the Magic Mouse from their end, or they may ask you to visit a reseller to get a replacement mouse and if they do, then having the above-mentioned case ID would save you having to explain all this again and possibly demonstrate an intermittent fault to the resellers staff.

Hope this helps.

Mid 2011 i5 2.5 GHz iMac 21.5"
QUOTE Thanks
Jade123

Jade123 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook White, 21.5" iMac, iPhone 3GS 16GB Black, 32Gb iPad, Apple TV 2nd gen

Thanks for your reply, I shall give it a go.

If not, I'll be purchasing a wired mouse!
QUOTE Thanks
Fuji_Biter

Fuji_Biter is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27' iMac - 4GB DDR3 RAM,1TB HDD,3.06 Intel Duo Core Processor

I'd definitely let them replace it for you, either that or buy another one for $69.99.

Feel free to add me on messenger!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« intel imac keeps rebooting | Tips for buying second hand »