New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

My Partition Is Having Some Problems.. help please

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Pandavega

Pandavega is on a distinguished road

(im running mac os x version 10.6.2 )
So, just a few months after i got my Mac Desktop i decided that bootcamp was the way to go if i wanted to play some games. i didn't install it right and i just decided to let it be and go on just using the mac.

well.. i erased the 50 Gig Bootcamp Partition and the 50 gigs didn't add back to the main Macintosh HD partition

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/a...0at22849PM.png

as you can see there an entire 50 gigs are missing from my partition.

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/a...0at23235PM.png

as i tried to make the partition bigger i get this annoying message.

can anyone help me regain those 50 gigs back to my main partition
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

It appears you did not use the Boot Camp Assistant to recover your Boot Camp partition space back to your hard drive? Next time please read the Boot Camp instructions (PDF file).

OK. Here's how to get your space back:

First, make a backup of your hard drive using Time Machine or make a clone backup using SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner. After making the backup,
boot your machine with the Snow Leopard DVD. After it boots, escape from the install process and select "Utilities", "Disk Utility" from the top menu. Select the "First Aid" tab. Do a verify and repair. Keep doing that until all errors are cleared.

Now go to the partitioning tool. Drag the partition line from where your OS X partition ends (drag it down) to the end of the disk. Select apply. Exit from the Disk Utility application and reboot your machine. You should now have all your space back.

If you still can't use the partitioning tool, post back.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Pandavega

Pandavega is on a distinguished road

so in order to use time machine i need an external hard drive that is roughly 200 gigs?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G4 Startup Problems/Failing Drive | Coming back »