New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Wireless Headphones for iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JDL51

JDL51 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Not yet

I'm researching a set of headphones to use with my iMac and wondered if anyone has any recommendations for the wireless type. Since I'll be stationary when using them, I prefer headphones over earbuds. I've found many models online (Sony, Kloss and the other usual suspects), but am not sure if they're compatible with Macs. Thanks for your help and advice.
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

I think Sennheiser makes the best headphones out there.
Amazon.com: Sennheiser RS120 926 MHz Wireless RF Headphones with Charging Cradle: Electronics

What wonders me a bit, why do you want wireless ones?
From your post I read that you will be mainly stationary so couldn't wired ones also do?
Also, all headphone are mac compatible if they have a 3,5mm jack plug.

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
dcow

dcow has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook (late-2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McYukon View Post
I think Sennheiser makes the best headphones out there.
Amazon.com: Sennheiser RS120 926 MHz Wireless RF Headphones with Charging Cradle: Electronics

What wonders me a bit, why do you want wireless ones?
From your post I read that you will be mainly stationary so couldn't wired ones also do?
Also, all headphone are mac compatible if they have a 3,5mm jack plug.
Agreed. Wired will be better quality as well unless you're looking at $250+ wireless. If you want to go the Bluetooth route (which I would recommend since you won't need a dongle.. which defeats much of the purpose of wireless in my eyes) make sure they are Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR. A lot of the cheaper Bluetooth ones are mono and don't have the bandwidth to do stereo =/
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Post for Fans of REALLY Old Macs! | Changing coolers on iMac 20"- can it be done? »