New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Bluetooth Keyboard Shortcut?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Will1960

Will1960 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, iPod Touch 32g, White Macbook, ATV2, iPad 32g, iPhone 4

I recently purchased and installed the Magic Mouse, and I love it. Yesterday afternoon, I accidentally turned the bluetooth connectivity "off" on my desktop, rendering my Magic Mouse useless, and my screen frozen in time.
Fortunately, I still had my old wired mac mouse, so I was able to plug it in and turn the BT back on.

Is there a keyboard shortcut to toggle BT on and off?
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

This is a guote from apple support discussions . I am taking no credit for this and thank the poster for hes idea. With that said:

"While not a shortcut, you can turn on Keyboard Navigation in the Keyboard and Mouse prefpane. Select the Items you want to access with the keyboard. By default, menu extras are ctrl+F8.

If you put the bluetooth menu extra on the left, it will be the first to activate, otherwise, you'll have to arrow (or tab) over to it. Once activated, you can start typing the name of the command.
So, if it is on the left, you can ctrl+F8, T, Enter (or space). "

To keep it in context here is the whole thread:http://discussions.apple.com/thread....18473&tstart=0

Hope this helps
Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
Will1960

Will1960 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, iPod Touch 32g, White Macbook, ATV2, iPad 32g, iPhone 4

Thanks for the info Clay. I read through the thread you linked to, and it seems as if there is a lot of difference of opinion. I think the fix will be to keep my old original wired mouse in my desk drawer And to NOT turn the BT off again !
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Pro Startup Issues | NVIDIA GeForce 9400 OR ATI Radeon HD 4670 »