New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Under utility, CONSOLE.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacBaby

MacBaby is on a distinguished road

It seems to be keeping all the detailed messages of everything I did on the computer. I tried clear display, but it seems to keep appearing again.
i bought the computer on the 1st and has every ting recorded. It seems to me there is no way to clear this.
I hate it, does it take up memory or anything?

There is 4001 messages!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Umm i dont really understand your post.
What are you doing?
WHat Apps have you open?
What are you doing ????
Am a little confused

The more info you can give us the better chance of a resolution

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
MacBaby

I am so sorry.

I went under Applications>Utility>Console.

In console there are tons and tons of messages in there. Error messages, debugger, java, etc.
I wanted to know, if there is a way to delete all of those console messages? I googled it and no one has mentioned how to delete it. OR maybe I am not allowed?

Hope that made sense.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

its nothing to freak about and will take up minimal space. Now i have done a screen shot for you ...

So if you hide it will hide all msg's or you can just clear your display ....

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
MacBaby

Yes, I did clear display, but it reappears it. I'm just afraid it will take up my memory or something. Let's say 3 years down the road, I will have over a million messages in there. Only been 3 days I have 4001!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Well by the look of it it will only hold 4000 and then move on. As a new log is produced the earliest will be taken off it. I only have 4000 in mine and my MB is coming up to a Yr old.
My console takes up a whole 7MB of space. Nothing
I really wouldnt stress about it. Msg's will always be there as if when anything happens on your Mac it is recorded there in someway ...

EDIT: Sorry you did mention clearing display in 1st post .. My Bad

QUOTE Thanks
MacBaby

ahh. I understand. If it becomes more than 4000, I will be back! haha JK!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best ATi Graphics card for Powermac G4 MDD | can you upgrade this imac? »