New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

I need help on External Hard Drive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ryanyu

ryanyu is on a distinguished road

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I've been using WD My Book Pro (Green front light) with my i mac through apple router so that I can access this hard drive from my other PC.
I've been saving business documents on this hard drive for a while.

Yesterday I tried to access this hard drive but it wouldn't show up in the mac nor in PC.
It shows in Disk Utility if I put USB directly to iMac but it doesn't show in finder or desktop to access it.
I connected it directly to PC it shows in Device Manager but it won't show under My Computer.

Anyone having similar problem with WD product or external hard drive? If so How did you resolve it?
QUOTE Thanks
mtbinva

mtbinva will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.

My experience with these type drives have been similar. I avoid them when creating forensic images of suspect/source drives because of their failure rate.

I'm new to Mac's, however, in Windows, right click on my computer, and select manage. Towards the bottom, select disk management. This will at least give you a bit more information.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I need help. | Upgrading a g4 power mac »