New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

++++Problems with Installing Adobe....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

m4cs

m4cs is on a distinguished road

I'm a lifelong Windows user just switched to a Macbook Pro 15., Still a bit nervous mind.... but I am happy so far so good!!!

I hope to glean a lot from this forum, please go easy on me, as I said i am new to this....anyways first problem!!My friend has got me a copy of adobe creative suite 3 as well as a few other programs, he has put the programs on my laptop, but they can not install!!
This is a brand new laptop, only 4 weeks old does any one have an idea as to why it will not install?>

A drowning man will clutch at a straw.....in my opinion if he clutched the mac he would be alive....
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

unless you provide info of what exactly the files are, then we can't effectively help you

you should either have a cd/dvd which mounts "to your desktop" and you can access the installer

or you have some sort of a .dmg file which again you mount by double clicking and accessing the installer

on the Mac most other software won't even have an installer (the Adobe suit is just complex and uses lot's of resources), for most applications you just copy the .app from a .dmg to your Applications folder and you're set to go

back to your post, to get help you can't just say "my application doesn't install" ... please provide additional info like when it crashed, what you're doing and so on. For all I know you could be trying to install Windows software under OS X ...

Now I don't want to be rude or anything, especially since you're a new member, but that's just how it is ... so welcome to the forums and hopefully you'll get everything sorted out
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

You need to tell us what you exactly did when trying to install so we can figure what you did wrong. Adobe applications are the few apps that actually has an installer which is similar to Windows. Most Mac applications you just copy over to your Applications folder to install. If you haven't done so, you just have to double click the installer icon in the Adobe Suite folder and follow it's instructions. Of course if you have the Windows version of Adobe Suite then it will not work for Macs.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

...and if they belong to your friend and he's still using them, you are pirating the software. And since we don't permit discussion of software piracy here, this topic will be closed.

Please clarify.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
DaFlake

DaFlake has a spectacular aura about

Disregard, turns out I was wrong.
QUOTE Thanks
m4cs

hi thanks for the replys!!

Ok first thing is first its not pirated!!! ITs from uni. and uni have loads of copies!!!
Anyways I have the adobe creative folder, click on it and it gives me a choice of adobe illustrator, flash, photoshop , dreamweaver etc...... So if I clicck on to any of the apps flash for instance it loads up wioth a little screen shot in this case "addobe flash CS3 proffesional" and you would imagine it will load up, but no nothing!!! just a bit confused!!

A drowning man will clutch at a straw.....in my opinion if he clutched the mac he would be alive....
QUOTE Thanks
m4cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
I'm not in charge of policing this sort of thing round here, but I'm afraid that explanation doesn't make much sense either.

Do **YOU** have a license from Adobe that you bought for this software, an educational license or a regular license?

If not, do **YOU** have explicit permission from the university dept that licensed these copies to install them on your personal machine?

If the answer is no, that *is* pirating and against the TOS of this forum. It's not worth us risking our own status here to help until you can provide a clear and satisfactory explanation. Sorry.
Well the obvious anwswer is yes yes yes !!!!

QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

Universities do provide student licenses, although they're meant for their students, all this aside for a moment, you still didn't provide much info for us to build on .. maybe post a screenshot of what you're doing?
QUOTE Thanks
m4cs

Ok fine will post a screen shot a lil bit later on!! thanks....

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Mini: HD or RAM? | Buying a IMAC 27inch today or tomorrow...defect? »