New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac SD card slot...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jtrim2

jtrim2 is on a distinguished road

Hi, this is probably going to be a bit of a silly question,

I'm getting an iMac i7 quad core and I know it has an SD slot, but I was wondering how I'm going to transfer my footage from an EX1R camera which uses SxS ExpressCard Media to the iMac?

Do the SxS-1 cards fit in the SD slot?

Thanks in advance, (please don't be too harsh on me!)

Jimbo

edit: do I need some kind of adapter?
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

You would have to get a SxS card reader that connects to your computer via USB. I don't believe there are any adapters that will do what you are asking for the SD slot. This solution is pretty much the same for all other memory cards. The SD slot is convenient for people who have SD memory cards or if they can get some kind of adapter.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 24" iMac freezes after failed 1.4 EFI Firmware update | Bad times :-( »