New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo (T5600) Firewire issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

soundsfuller

soundsfuller is on a distinguished road

Hey, any ideas on this one? ... I use the FW 400 buss with no trouble with 2 FW drives, EXCEPT this one OWC Neptune 500 GB with an Oxford 934 chipset and 16 mb buffer. I have sent it back 3 times to OWC and they finally sent a NEW drive that still does the same thing: When trying to back up my int hd with either CCcloner or super duper, this drive looses it's connection 2/3 rd's the way through cloning. I'm now going to try zapping the PRAM. Is there a firmware fix? Thanks for your help!
QUOTE Thanks
bsting397

bsting397 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" i5 MBP

what size drive are you cloning?
QUOTE Thanks
soundsfuller

My imac's internal 160 GB (7200 RPM) Serial ATA hard drive. Here is a link to "my mac": iMac "Core 2 Duo" 1.83 17-Inch (IG) Specs (Late 2006 CD, MA710LL, A1195, iMac5,2) @ EveryMac.com
Thanks for the reply!
QUOTE Thanks
soundsfuller

Zapped PRAM ... no luck.

Here is CCC log:
12:11:41 The target volume has ownership enabled.
12:11:41 ACLs are not enabled on the source volume, not enabling them on the target volume.
12:11:41 Authenticating...
12:11:44 Initiating synchronization engine...
12:11:45 Cloning...
12:44:36 rsync: write failed on "/Volumes/OWC Neptune/Library/Application Support/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 2.x/Instruments/MP Instruments copy/Percussion/Full Percussion Maps/GM Perc Map 2.stw": Invalid argument (51)
12:44:36 rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /Volumes/Home/Users/bombich/Development/Bombich_Software/rsync/rsync-3.0.6/io.c(600) [sender=3.0.6] (51)
12:44:37 CCC Synchronization Engine: Some errors were encountered during the backup., Error code: 51
12:44:37 Sync Engine warnings: (
"rsync: write failed on \"/Volumes/OWC Neptune/Library/Application Support/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 2.x/Instruments/MP Instruments copy/Percussion/Full Percussion Maps/GM Perc Map 2.stw\": Invalid argument",
"rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes to socket [sender]: Broken pipe (32)",
"rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (5047234 bytes received so far) [sender]",
"rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /Volumes/Home/Users/bombich/Development/Bombich_Software/rsync/rsync-3.0.6/io.c(600) [sender=3.0.6]"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 27" iMac as an External Monitor | iMac Won't Remain Asleep »