Angry when i type gmail on my mac, it automatically puts in a string of dropbox information
    any time i enter the word gmail on my imac (snow leopard), whether i'm rypinf iR as a username, or even just now when i was typing this message and entered the gmail phrase, it automatically puts in the following.

in dropbox name is love to garden/email love*****garden

this started doing this after i created a dropbox account. it's strange, like i've built a macro, but i haven't. any thoughts on this? it's annoying beyond belief!

Banks Peninsula, New Zealand
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.10 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    Start by checking the cookies that dropbox has set. One of them will be essential, ie. your gd/b user account info data; and perhaps one other that identifies your country and region. The others are likely to be ads or, as you've found, auto-suggest or auto-fill.

I suggest you delete all gd/b cookies, and then reenter the gd/b website, being very selective about which cookies to accept. Probably 3 out of 5 are superfluous and for promotional purposes. It looks like you have a rather intrusive one which has latched itself on to gmail.
    Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Thread Information