New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Magic Mouse Connection lost

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

conker1971

conker1971 is on a distinguished road

I have a new Imac 21.5 inch bought in December 2009. Occasionally the mouse keeps dropping out. I have to remove the batteries from the mouse and then put them back in. Sometimes this reconnects the mouse, although at other times i have to reboot the mac by holding down the power button. Anybody experienced similiar.

thanks for looking
QUOTE Thanks
mbohn

mbohn will become famous soon enough

What happens if you just move the mouse a bit after it disconnects?

If it is like my Microsoft BT mouse, that causes it to reconnect within a couple of seconds. I think all that is a battery-saving measure.

www.dynostep.com
engine simulation software
QUOTE Thanks
T_O_P12

T_O_P12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S

Just got a 27" iMac and have learned that to connect the mouse, you have to click it, otherwise it will seem like it is not working. So give clicking it a try once it disconnects but it still shouldn't be disconnecting randomly, maybe give Apple a call if it continues.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_O_P12 View Post
Just got a 27" iMac and have learned that to connect the mouse, you have to click it, otherwise it will seem like it is not working. So give clicking it a try once it disconnects but it still shouldn't be disconnecting randomly, maybe give Apple a call if it continues.
I have noticed that a few times also. One click of the MM it's connected.
QUOTE Thanks
bauerod

bauerod is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac 3.33GHz 8GB Ram 2 TB HDD

My mouse started doing that about 3 weeks after I got my new iMac too. The best way I have found to get it mine to reconnect is to put it up to the apple emblem and then click the mouse until it connects. Not sure if being close like that helps but it seems to work.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac 2006 17" slow and hard drive squeaks | I wonder what happened to my Imac screen? »