Unhappy i think i have buyers remorse.
    So I purchased an iMac i5 on December 26, 2009. I had a couple problems like the hard drive failing the apple store so I got a replacement. I've been using the 2nd replacement for about a week and now I'm just regretting this purchase. Don't get me wrong but I love the screen, processor, and almost everything it has to offer but the fact that I can't do some of the things I would be doing on XP. I use to be an avid cs 1.6 player and I can't really do that anymore on the mac. I'm thinking of reselling this computer or maybe not... What should I do? If I do sell the computer how much should I sell it for?

(i know most of you probably think i'm crazy but the imac isn't for me i guess)

15-inch MacBook Pro
    Install Windows via Bootcamp and play CS until you fall off your chair. Problem solved. Do some research.

2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Well there really isn't much to be said. If you prefer Windows XP over MacOS X & Macintosh computers...then your only real option is to sell it.

On the other hand...maybe you just need a bit more time to get used to it.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    As @mdfuller said, install WinXP through Bootcamp and enjoy. What is preventing you from doing this and enjoying CS?

Well, my brother keeps telling me that I shouldn't do it because he has heard bootcamp isn't really stable and also its not like I want to casually play CS more like scrimming and stuff..

Modesto, Ca.
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!
    Bootcamp is not Stable? Bootcamp is:

#1 Partitioner that Partitions your drive into two partitions for OSX and Windows without hurting OSX like Partition Magic in Windows.

#2 It's an EFI Bootloader for Windows

#3 A boot menu to select OSX or Windows.

Otherwise Bootcamp does nothing. Windows is NATIVE and runs just like Windows on the same hardware on a Windows system. Bootcamp once Windows is installed does nothing.

Texas, where else?
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    #4 Once you get tired of having Windows on your Mac, BootCamp can blow away that windows partition and move that space back into your OS X partition.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
    2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
    Give it some more time. I started with one just over three years ago, I got the second one just under three years ago and now I have my third.

My wife just began using the imac I put Windows on it as well just to make her comfortable.

Good luck.

Thread Information