New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Magic Mouse - high friction

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

allan_vancouver

allan_vancouver is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac i7 Quad, 27", 8GB mem, 1TB disk, USB numeric keypad

I'm having a (minor?) problem with the bluetooth Magic Mouse on my iMac i7, and wonder if anyone else has the same experience.

I find that the two strips of plastic that the mouse slides on create too much friction, compared to other mice that have, for example, 4 slider spots on the bottom.

The MM sliders are each about 3 inches long, for a total of 6 inches, and they are at a slant so that one edge of each slider touches the desk surface or mouse pad, and it is a fairly sharp edge presenting a small surface area. This results in a lot more friction than other mice, and makes the MM difficult to use.

Has anyone else noticed this, or even better, have you found a surface that is slippery enough that the drag is reduced?

I've tried a cloth (nylon?) covered mousepad and a plactic sheet covered mouse pad and both present 2 or 3 times the friction for the MM as they do on an ordinary Logitech optical mouse. I'm am now just using the Magic Mouse on my wooded desktop (slightly better), but the drag actually creates wrist fatique if I'm using the iMac for an extended period of time.
QUOTE Thanks
allan_vancouver

allan_vancouver is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac i7 Quad, 27", 8GB mem, 1TB disk, USB numeric keypad

See my other post and pictures about how I overcame most of the problem.

Magic Mouse
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac G4 comparisons | Upcoming Mac Pro vs iMac i7 »