New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

How do i connect my cable box to my 27" imac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jstylez10

jstylez10 is on a distinguished road

Just wondering if theres something like eyetv that i can connect to my cable box via hdmi???? any suggestions. Thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
mostro

mostro will become famous soon enough

right now I don't believe there is any way to do this. You'd need to get a USB TV tuner for the iMac. That would replace your cable box. Soon there may be a product on the market to send HDMI to the mini-DP input on the iMac:

Blu-ray comes to the iMac... via an Apogee HDMI-to-Mini DisplayPort adapter -- Engadget
QUOTE Thanks
jstylez10

jstylez10 is on a distinguished road

just bought an eyetv 250 plus, and a mini display port to hdmi. Using the eyetv for cable tv on my mac. To play my xbox 360 on my mac do i need anything else???
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Depends... you're not planning on plugging that mini displayport to HDMI cable in direct from the 360 to your mac are you? 'cause it won't work... that is a one way cable... it will not go from HDMI to mini displayport.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
mostro

mostro will become famous soon enough

you could try this, although it does say with the iMac 27" that it will only do 720p, and there is a new version coming soon that should do 1080p.

Atlona*DVI*to*Mini*DisplayPort*Converter*::*Apple* Converters*::*Audio*Video*Converters*::*Atlona...

The product I listed in earlier post seems to still be vapor.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Mini G4 sound and internet problems | Second Display in iMac 27" »