Thread: 27" Held back?

Specs:
    27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
    27" Held back?
    Just got my 27" iMac and I feel limited because with no Blueray and it being a pain to try to download HD movies and such online I cannot get the full use out of the screen? How to use this to its full potential? I have a PS3 so I could watch bluerays on it if there was some kind of coverter from HDMI to displayport? and if that would work for audio? And just any suggestions of how you are getting the most out of your screen? Thanks!

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by T_O_P12 View Post
    Just got my 27" iMac and I feel limited because with no Blueray and it being a pain to try to download HD movies and such online I cannot get the full use out of the screen? How to use this to its full potential? I have a PS3 so I could watch bluerays on it if there was some kind of coverter from HDMI to displayport? and if that would work for audio? And just any suggestions of how you are getting the most out of your screen? Thanks!
    Why not just get an external Blu-ray burner then?

I seriously hope that is a typo...>_>"
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

I believe the issue is that there is no Blu-ray support in OS X. So even with an external drive, you cannot play a Blu-ray movie. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I did actually see that someone has supposedly sucessfully made an adapter to go from HDMI to mini-DisplayPort that will work on the 27" iMac. I don't believe it is commercially available yet though.

Blu-ray comes to the iMac... via an Apogee HDMI-to-Mini DisplayPort adapter -- Engadget

Thread Information