New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

27" Held back?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

T_O_P12

T_O_P12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S

Just got my 27" iMac and I feel limited because with no Blueray and it being a pain to try to download HD movies and such online I cannot get the full use out of the screen? How to use this to its full potential? I have a PS3 so I could watch bluerays on it if there was some kind of coverter from HDMI to displayport? and if that would work for audio? And just any suggestions of how you are getting the most out of your screen? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_O_P12 View Post
Just got my 27" iMac and I feel limited because with no Blueray and it being a pain to try to download HD movies and such online I cannot get the full use out of the screen? How to use this to its full potential? I have a PS3 so I could watch bluerays on it if there was some kind of coverter from HDMI to displayport? and if that would work for audio? And just any suggestions of how you are getting the most out of your screen? Thanks!
Why not just get an external Blu-ray burner then?

I seriously hope that is a typo...>_>"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
mostro

mostro will become famous soon enough

I believe the issue is that there is no Blu-ray support in OS X. So even with an external drive, you cannot play a Blu-ray movie. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I did actually see that someone has supposedly sucessfully made an adapter to go from HDMI to mini-DisplayPort that will work on the 27" iMac. I don't believe it is commercially available yet though.

Blu-ray comes to the iMac... via an Apogee HDMI-to-Mini DisplayPort adapter -- Engadget
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My iMac's HDD failed - Question | History not deleting »