New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Mac Mini (Early 2009) Questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Timagain

Timagain is on a distinguished road

1. I use a temp program called iStat for my Mac Mini. Last night I was encoding MP4s for about 3 hours and I noticed that iStat reported the temp got to 90c / 196f. I read that Mac minis get hot but is that too hot?

2. I think i might be having problems with the display pig tail that came with my mac. Sometimes it blanks out, sometimes its colored static, somtimes its lines accross. Usually goes away if i play with the pig tail. I have notice the problem gets worse when the system is hot.
Should I get a new pig tail or send the whole thing back to Apple?
Sometimes I think its the actually conection on the mac where the display pig tail.
Anyone else having probelms with the pig tail?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

1. 90C is definitely very hot..I believe the CPU is rated up to about 100C..check on the fan speed, and see if you can crank it up a little to try to alleviate the temperature..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
SlickShoes

SlickShoes is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 13.3"

The mac mini is likely to get a lot hotter than other machines due to how compact it is, i would agree with above though and see if you can get the fans running faster.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Thinking of trading my imac for a mac pro... | Imac Dome »