New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Airport ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

yzfmik

yzfmik is on a distinguished road

Is there a way to "ignore" a router that my iMac is picking up on? Every time I turn my computer on it picks up on what I am guessing is a neighbor's router and I have to click on the airport icon on top and simply click on mine. It only does this when powered up from being off, not waking it from sleeping. Also the MacBook Pro I purchased at the same time as the iMac does not do this, it always powers up on my router. Any help would be appreciated....

 MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz
 MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz
 iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz /  iPod 30GB /  iPhone 5 32GB
 iPad 2 64GB / 3rd Gen iPad 64 GB/ iPad Mini 32GB
QUOTE Thanks
dcj65

dcj65 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 21.5

I am very new to the Imac, but in the network settings under advance in the airport settings, you can move your networks around so it connects to yours home address.

hope this helps
QUOTE Thanks
yzfmik

yzfmik is on a distinguished road

Awesome, thanks!!! I am obviously new to Mac's, but I should have been able to find that! I must say this site has been SO helpful in my recent transition to Mac's!

 MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz
 MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz
 iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz /  iPod 30GB /  iPhone 5 32GB
 iPad 2 64GB / 3rd Gen iPad 64 GB/ iPad Mini 32GB
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Radeon HD 4850 vs GTX 285 | snow leopard on mac mini »