New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Cardreader not working and sound garbled.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

catskillpaper

catskillpaper is on a distinguished road

My card reader is no longer working correctly. Holiday photos that I took yesterday not loading, but previous ones are? ( I tried reader on my PC and it is fine.) Also at the same time I tried playing a movie trailer and my iTunes, and the sound is garbled. I suspect these two are related as both problems emerged on the same day!

iMac OS X
2 G Intel Core
1 GB mem.
10.4.11 VER.

I am new to Macs....and bought this used about 6 months ago.

PS photos open up fine that are on hard drive, and scanner works fine too.

AUGH. I feel helpless. Any suggestions appreciated.

patti
QUOTE Thanks
catskillpaper

catskillpaper is on a distinguished road

Well,I am delighted w/myself. No one answered or helped me, so the solution was that much sweeter. (note: I have NO training on computers...!!)
The sound was easy...some kind of crossed wires/connection issues. No longer under water. The card reader issues. Had to clean out the cache in Adobe Bridge. That was the issue. Now all is well. A bit of work and discovery, but done. a happy Patti
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mail problems after syncing iphone | I Need Help!!! no display after RAM upgrade »