New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

I Can Burn CD's, read others, but can't read my own

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

blairalmm

blairalmm is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am new here and want to thank you all in advance for any help you offer.

I have a 4 year old iMac (2GHz Intel Core Duo) with a MAT****A DVD-R UJ-846 cd-dvd drive that was replaced last year under Apple Care.

Here is my current problem. I can burn audio and photo CD's that work on other computers just fine, but when I eject them from my computer and then reinsert them it brings up the "you inserted a blank CD" box.

So far, I have tried store bought CD's and DVD's and both worked fine. I also tried photo and audio CD's burnt on another Mac and my computer read them as well. Can anybody help me out with what the problem might be, any fixes or further troubleshooting tests I need to perform ?

Thanks again
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

Welcome to the Mac-Forums.

What burning software are you using? Yours is a most unusual problem in that what you've burned is readable on other machines, and that other-Mac burnt disks are readable on your Mac - but not those disks you've burned. Usually it's a faulty optical drive, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

This *may* be a Permissions issue, peculiar to your computer. Download Onyx Titanium Software appropriate to your system, and run maintenance procedures, ie. repair permissions, and maintenance scripts. You might also perform a system optimisation (update).
QUOTE Thanks
blairalmm

blairalmm is on a distinguished road

I am using the built-in Apple software to burn disks, I'll download Onyx tomorrow and let you know what happens next, thanks !!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« burning first dvd | New to Mac - Ok to leave them on? »