MAC Classic revival
    I was lucky enough to be a corporate MAC user as early as 1986. In 1991 I bought a MAC Classic for my private use which I then passed on to my parents who then passed it on to one of sisters who passed in to another sister, who passed it back to the first sister - all over a period of 15 or so years. My first sister then handed it back to my parents a few months ago and it came back to me yesterday!
    I had really forgotten all about it and was pleasantly surprised to get it back.

Now, it's been a long time, and it ran OS version 7 so I am struggling to remember a great deal about it.
    When I turn it on I get a floppy disk icon with a flashing question mark in it.
    This clearly means put in a floppy disk ... and that's the problem I don't have the floppys.

This is a MAC classic and not a classic II. I do not recall if it has a hard drive or not. I remember that the more expensive version had a hard drive but not the cheaper one.
    There are two possibilities here:
    1) There is no hard drive and the OS has to be installed from floppy each time.
    2) There is a hard drive, in which case why would it be asking for floppys - is it possible that the OS has been removed or corrupted from the hard drive?

The model number on the MAC is M0420.

In either case I need a set of floppys - I have other recent Macs and PCs but nothing with a floppy drive. Where can I get a copy of the relevant OS (7?) on floppy disks? I live in the UK.

Thanks in anticipation

Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    Apple Macintosh Classic Specs @

The classic did come with a 40 meg hard drive, but it sounds as if the OS on the hard drive has become corrupted

You can download the disk images for system 7 or 7.5 here from Apple
    Index of /Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/English-North_American/Macintosh/System/Older_System/System_7.0.x

Index of /Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/English-North_American/Macintosh/System/Older_System/System_7.5_Version_7.5.3

You will need to get some floppy disks and use your modern mac to create the formatted disks using a usb floppy drive

USB Floppy Drive
    Index of /Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/English-North_American/Macintosh/System/Older_System/System_7.0.x
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Thread Information