New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Problems with middle click with magic mouse

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ramirezf

ramirezf is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I am a happy owner of a 21" iMac (my first Mac and very very happy so far!) but there just one issue, I cannot use middle click on my magic mouse. I have tried two programs, MouseWizard and BetterTouchTool. With MouseWizard I can middle click once every 10 attemps (so its useless), I cannot make it accurate at all, and even the "go back" works worse (to go to previous page for instance). BetterTouchTool seems not to work at all (maybe because I chose "Multitouch Touchpad" when installing? and there's no way to change to change to single touch, even reinstalling again). Any suggestions of how to make it work? Can anyone happy with his "middle click" show me how he is managing it?
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge is a jewel in the roughVegasGeorge is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, and Macbook Pro

I use the MagicMouse with great success. I use MouseWizard and I'm very happy with it. Observe where you comfortably rest your fingers on the mouse (effected by hand size) and adjust accordingly. Then, for your middle click be sure to lay you fingers down on the mouse, not just your finger tips. It takes a little more surface area to be effective every time.
QUOTE Thanks
ramirezf

Thank you VegasGeorge. Can you post a picture of your settings? Is the "back" function (move your lefts to the right) working properly? When I had MouseWizard installed I could hardly "move back" moving fingers to the left.
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

Yes, the Back/Forward function is working fine for me. Honestly, it does take a little practice to get it right every time. And, if your fingers get sweaty the sideways swipe tends to move the whole mouse. But it does work as advertised. Here are my current settings:
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2009-12-25 at 3.03.48 PM.png (172.7 KB, 15 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

Having read this i installed it but after a while quit it as i kept getting random results that seemed unplanned. Might try again a bit later. George did u deactivate anything in the normal Sys Pres/Mouse selections?
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

No, I didn't deactivate anything. Here is a screenshot of those settings:
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2009-12-25 at 10.26.18 PM.png (221.1 KB, 12 views)
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

I didn't change anything either in the Magic Mouse panel. Just installed the Mouse Wizard and set it up. Setting where to place your fingers can make a large difference.

There is another application that does the same thing. It's in Alpha. Worked great here. Will find it and post a url.

Here is the thread.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-...-software.html

BetterTouchTool. It works great here on my Intel Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
ramirezf

Thanks for your help. Bettertouchtool looks great but it seems not work for me, it just affects nothing. I have just tried "MiddleClick" 3-tap Middleclick on OSX for MacBook & Magic Mouse and it works perfect! So I will keep using this one to enable middleclick, which is the only thing I needed so far....
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

Middleclick - interesting! I'm glad something worked for you.
QUOTE Thanks
ramirezf

It works great! Now I have the go back/forward, the middle click and of couse the scroll, everything goes very smooth and accurate
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Home video editing: is iMac good enough? | Imac G3 »