New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

I ordered my iMac G5 last night

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

prostuff1

prostuff1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)

Well, i ordered the computer last night. I ordered the iMac G5 combo with eveything else standard. I ended up getting the Canon PIXMA MP760.

I can't wait for the computer to get to my house.

I think i am going to take the day off of school to open it up!!!

I also went to newegg.com and order 2GB of memory for it.

And the best part is that it is all on my dads CC.
QUOTE Thanks
Daniel

Daniel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini, 1.33/512/80GB - Macbook 1.83/CD/2GBs ram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostuff1
Well, i ordered the computer last night. I ordered the iMac G5 combo with eveything else standard. I ended up getting the Canon PIXMA MP760.

That's always a plus isn't it? Anyway, congrats. I'm new to macs and I'm ordering the mini tomorrow. Can't wait to try it out.

QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I've got an iMac and trust me, you'll be wowed as I am still at this very moment. Now go and give your daddy a big hug.
QUOTE Thanks
prostuff1

Mac Specs: My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)

yeah, i gave him a hug last night.

And today when he got home from work i had a cold mug of beer and cheeseburgers already cooked for him. lol
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yeah, i gave him a hug last night.

And today when he got home from work i had a cold mug of beer and cheeseburgers already cooked for him. lol
Good on you! He's a smart dad. Now, if only I can get my step dad to remember to press the "Talk" button on cordless phone, I might get him to actually embrace technology and buy me something, instead of hatting it. He still thinks the rotary telephone is better.
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

iNAP has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWhat
Good on you! He's a smart dad. Now, if only I can get my step dad to remember to press the "Talk" button on cordless phone, I might get him to actually embrace technology and buy me something, instead of hatting it. He still thinks the rotary telephone is better.
technology IS SOMETIMES TOUGH TO GET A HANDLE ON WHEN YOU'VE GROWN UP WITHOUT IT .BELIEVE ME I KNOW! COULD BE HE JUST DOESN'T UNDERSTAND IT i know plenty of older people that shy away just because it's something that is not part of everyday life as we were growing up. We get set in our ways and it's a tough cookie to crack

BTW back on track Congrats to the new computer owner

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
thank you MacForums and all it's members
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNAP
technology IS SOMETIMES TOUGH TO GET A HANDLE ON WHEN YOU'VE GROWN UP WITHOUT IT .BELIEVE ME I KNOW! COULD BE HE JUST DOESN'T UNDERSTAND IT i know plenty of older people that shy away just because it's something that is not part of everyday life as we were growing up. We get set in our ways and it's a tough cookie to crack

BTW back on track Congrats to the new computer owner
Oh, yes. I hear you there. My grandmother is as stubborn as a Mule, when it comes to learning new things.
QUOTE Thanks
sonofapplepm

Quote:

LUCKY DAWG!! LOL
QUOTE Thanks
EvoMac

Congrats man, best of luck with it - don't forget... pics pics pics!
QUOTE Thanks
embries

My pops is pushing 60 and he's learned how to use a Windows PC over the last 2 years fairly well. He'd never touched a computer before and they kinda shoved them on the people where he works. Required them to submit reports via internet etc. He's actually getting pretty good at it. Can switch networking from wireless/wired/telephone at will. Change resoloutions execute apps etc. Give those old dogs more credit. The problem is not that he can't learn it its that he doesn't want to learn it. My pops would have never learned PC environment if not forced by his job.
QUOTE Thanks
djlee12

djlee12 has a spectacular aura about

Well, my grandparents are typically adapt to picking up new technology, but a few years back, when they were convinced it was time to buy a PC, they went with a Gateway.

Funny thing is, when he hooked in the mouse, he held it up to the screen to work it. Hey, at least he tries.

Too bad a month later HD died. What a terrific first PC experience. Wish I had known about macs then.

DJ Lee

Watts Up Productions
www.wattsupproductions.com
QUOTE Thanks
badmojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlee12
Funny thing is, when he hooked in the mouse, he held it up to the screen to work it. Hey, at least he tries.
I just tried that with my w/o mouse. What a trip.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

Quote:
My step dad did that. I replied, "You got to be kidding me."
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Congrats on your new purchase.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
prostuff1

Quote:
Well, my grandparents are typically adapt to picking up new technology, but a few years back, when they were convinced it was time to buy a PC, they went with a Gateway.

Too bad a month later HD died. What a terrific first PC experience. Wish I had known about macs then.

My grandparent (grandfather)is pretty good at working his computer. He bought a NEC a long time ago and it is ancient. He came up a couple of days ago and i should him what computer we were buying and i think i have got him thinking about getting new one. More then likely a mac.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« help with a 7600/132 please | Mac Mini and HP Photosmart Printers »