New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Broken G4 - need help plz =D

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

toppled_lv

toppled_lv is on a distinguished road

Hello guys. I ran into a problem with a used G4 I bought on ebay and I wanted to hear your input.

I'm a PC guy so I'm not knowledgeable on mac problems and fixes.

The g4 I have (800 mhz duel) was recently hooked up to an iphone for an update through usb. It immediatly lost internet connectivity. I have done a full format and restore with 10.4 and still no internet. I figured the built in ethernet port had blown so my roomate had 2 pci ethernet card which we tried. Each time after booting up the ethernet card was recognized in the networking menu (I assume it was because it told me the type of card it was) but still no internet...

That seems weird huh? Not software, and apparently not hardware?

Anyway I hope someone here has some ideas for me.

Thanks guys
QUOTE Thanks
powermac G5

powermac G5 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: *27" imac C2D 3.0/1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Octo 2.8/4x1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Quad 2.66/2x1TB/8GB**iPhone 4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppled_lv View Post
Hello guys. I ran into a problem with a used G4 I bought on ebay and I wanted to hear your input.

I'm a PC guy so I'm not knowledgeable on mac problems and fixes.

The g4 I have (800 mhz duel) was recently hooked up to an iphone for an update through usb. It immediatly lost internet connectivity. I have done a full format and restore with 10.4 and still no internet. I figured the built in ethernet port had blown so my roomate had 2 pci ethernet card which we tried. Each time after booting up the ethernet card was recognized in the networking menu (I assume it was because it told me the type of card it was) but still no internet...

That seems weird huh? Not software, and apparently not hardware?

Anyway I hope someone here has some ideas for me.

Thanks guys
System preff/network see if ethernet is listed in the drop to the left. If so is there a light to represent activity? Like green for active or red for non active.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lots of questions about Mac Mini as "HTPC" (HTMAC?) | iMac G5 won't boot up (kernal panic?) »