New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

MP Lights flicker on power up and on wake from sleep

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bootstrapjesse

bootstrapjesse is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacPro4,1 8 core Intel Xeon 2.26 GHz, 8 GB RAM

MacPro4,1 8 core Intel Xeon 2.26 GHz, 8 GB RAM

I bought an 8 core MP from the local Apple retail store (08/2009). When I power up or wake the machine from sleep, my office lights flicker. (My vacuum cleaner does the same thing when I switch it on.) This happens with or without the dedicated 1500VA UPS I added to help trouble shoot the problem. I called Apple support and they suggested that the wiring in the room was faulty/not grounded properly. I have since moved, and am still having the same issue. I am not having any performance issues. I’m just wondering if my machine is defective.

While running only Camino and stock system processes, Bresink Hardware monitor says the Power Supply is producing 102 Watts, 12.17 Volts, 8.3 Amps.

Thanks in advance,

Jesse
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I LOVE my iMac, but... | Windows user looking at iMacs »