New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

New idea on "No audio with Win 7"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PWNedByProblems

PWNedByProblems is on a distinguished road

Ok, before we get started allow me to tell you want I am running and how it is set up.

Mac Pro 8core 2.4g
8gigs RAM
1gig Nvidia Geforce GT 120
Samsung 40" LCD TV #LN40B530P7N
HDMI to DVI cable

I can not get sound through my TV at all. However everything works perfectly on the Mac side and I also had sound when running Win Vista 32 before I upgraded.

I have been searching the forums all over to find any solution to the no audio when running Win 7 64 (Boot Camp obviously). However, I have yet to see any one post this little tidbit I have found.

When I disable my Nvidia drivers, I get my sound through the TV. This makes perfect since to me because NOTHING I do as far as updating my RealTek drivers or re-installing older versions of drivers gets me my sound back.

I do not claim to be computer genius in any way (leaving that to you all) so I was wondering if that means anything at all. I know a little bit and it just tells me that there is possibly a IRQ issue.. but that is my old school thinking from when I could fix stuff way back on Win 3.11. ROFL

As I stated before I have already tried everything under the sun when dealing with the sound drivers. I however do not know what to do from this point on because messing with Nvidia drivers isn't producing anything either.

Please help me out geniuses, I want to hear the zombies in Left for Dead 2 get smashed through my TV. I do apologize is this information is useless or you find it to be a repeat. I swear I have been through and through the forums and didn't see anything about graphics drivers conflicting with the sound though.

Good luck and happy Thanksgiving everyone
QUOTE Thanks
lifeisabeach

lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputelifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Since Apple has yet to update Boot Camp for Windows 7 compatibility, there may be some drivers for the motherboard's components in particular that need updating.

Until Apple releases an update, a good solution for you may be to use the latest version of Crossover Games. It specifically supports the STEAM version of Left 4 Dead 2. Crossover lets you use Windows apps and games in OS X without installing Windows. Support varies greatly from one title to the next, though.
Compatibility - View App - Left 4 Dead 2 - CodeWeavers
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Upgrading Mac Pro question | Suggestions for iMac Video System »