New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

new iMac 27 inch screen flickering

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

stevegate

stevegate is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

Get the new iMac 27 inch, 3.06 ghz, 512 graphic card, 1 TB Hdd. Received in 11 of November, after 3 days use ( watching movies, iphoto, play WoW..suff web) not shutting down, I found out the screen flickering, I thought may be my eyes *got problem* coz this is a brand new machine. The day after I decided shut the machine down and turn it on again. Now the problem became more clearly, it keep flickering randomly and more than before. Sometime, it was real bad like you are tunning the TV channel.

I tried to google and I found this link in you tube, seem I am not the only one got this issue

YouTube - Apple iMac 27" Screen Flicker/Distortion Issue

I have returned my machine back to the shop, without asking me any questions after I told them what happened. They agree give me a brand new one this Wednesday 25 November.

Tried to google it again and I found a big dicussion on the apple forum about this issue, that's sad and I hope it would not be the whole new iMac 27 inch series.
Apple - Support - Discussions - New iMac 27inch screen ...

Playing WoW , browse web and watching movies on this machine is great. Hope apple fix this issue soon. So, if any of you guys got plan buy this machine can think again or wait until the problem solved.

Regards,

SG
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MAC Pro Slow Rendering IDVD Movie | mac pro not booting up first time! »