New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

Not reading music discs

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Capo

My imac isnt reading certain music cd's... I insert the disc, it makes noises as if its trying to read it and then spits it out.

Certain cd's include - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell
The Streets - Original Pirate Material
Wedding Singer Soundtrack...

Is this likely something to do with the disc or is it the computer and something that can be fixed?
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

what are your imacs specs? are these retail cd's, if so do they have vcd content on them as well? do the bottoms look different from regular cd's?
QUOTE Thanks
bassplayrr

bassplayrr will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo
My imac isnt reading certain music cd's... I insert the disc, it makes noises as if its trying to read it and then spits it out.

Certain cd's include - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell
The Streets - Original Pirate Material
Wedding Singer Soundtrack...

Is this likely something to do with the disc or is it the computer and something that can be fixed?
I have The Streets - Original Pirate Material loaded on my iMac with no problems. All that I can think of is that maybe you have a scratch on the disk. I have a Nada Surf cd that only has one scratch like a mm or two long, but the scratch is right in the first couple of mm's of the disk, the mac makes a bunch of searching noises, then spits the disk out.

-Chris
QUOTE Thanks
Capo

No there isnt any vcd content on them... The discs are not damaged at all, they're relatively new and they have all been purchased retail.

I cant figure it out...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I upgraded from 512mb to 1gb for my Mac mini... | Record HD Prgrams to Mac Mini with Super Drive? »