New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac Mini speaker...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pod

pod will become famous soon enough

...what is the sound quality/power output like on the Mac Mini's tiny speaker? Is it 'at least' as good as my G3 Graphite iMacs built in speakers? Can I use/fit a pair of the round, clear speakers (G4 snowball iMac stylee) with the Mac Mini? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

You can barely hear the Mac Mini's internal speakers except for when it is used for the start-up sound. I wouldn't plan on using it. If you want to use a pair of the Apple Pro Speakers(the clear round ones sold by Apple), you have to use an adapter from www.griffintechnology.com called iFire. You would probably be better of buying a new set of speakers since Apple doesn't sell them anymore and that adapter is $40. I am looking into getting some of the JBL creature speakers for my Mac Mini, Apple sells them for $100 but newegg.com has them for $74.
QUOTE Thanks
OSXMacMiniJacob

yup when I turn on comp it's F'in loud but when you play music it's like a whisper.... get speakers! i have these nice ones... they are like 10 years old and still kick *** .... W2A2V0E (WAVE 220)
QUOTE Thanks
Icicle

Icicle is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacPro 2 x 3Ghz Dual Core Nvidia 8800, 7 gigs ram Macbook pro 2011 Intel i7 triple boots Ubuntu/Win7

I have some Klipsch THX certified speakers I got at best buy for $149........and all I can say is WOW. its a small investment considering what we all spend on HDD's and monitors etc...
QUOTE Thanks
macEfan

macEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9

Forget about using the Mini's built in speakers to play music.

I bought some nice General Electric Speakers at target. The look so cool!
QUOTE Thanks
kabwon

jissis, you guys only pay $100 for the JBL creature 2 speakers?? that is sooo cheap, here it retails for about R1125-00 which = $225
lucky *******s! you get everything so cheap up there.
The apple distributor in SA rip the consumers off big time. i pad R11000 for my imac combo 1.6
that's $2200 !!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Weird Color-Sync problems | IOMEGA USB external CD-RW + DVD ROM is not recognized! »