New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

iMac - Wifi isn't working on Mac ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lvlai

lvlai is on a distinguished road

I've been using IMac 20" for 5 months. After I installed Snow Leopard, I've got a wifi problem.

Sometime is not working but the airport's symbol looks fine. But when I get into the SAFARI it's not working.

I have to restart or turn the airport off and turn it on again then it comes back.

In the same time, My sister's PC that using wifi in the same time is working fine. But Mac is not.

What should I do??
QUOTE Thanks
leopard-user1

leopard-user1 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody

Try another web browser, if you have one. I have a lot of them - Safari, Opera, Firefox, Chrome (beta), and OmniWeb.

(from scienceteecher.com)
17" MacBook Pro, OSX 10.6.2 Snow Leopard
QUOTE Thanks
lvlai

I already did it's just not working
QUOTE Thanks
vegasone

vegasone is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac and MacBook Pro

There are several pieces of information in the Airport section of this forum. I had the same problem with my MBP and I had to take it into the Apple store. What they did was just configure the MBP to run on their in-store network and all was good after that. But in the forum there were suggestions of switching the security of your router to WAP (I think) and another to switch the channel being used to 6 (again I think). Do a search of the forums and I'm sure that you will find many answers that might work for you.
QUOTE Thanks
lvlai

thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Going from WIndows to Mac | Target mode killed my eMac »