Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Sep 22, 2009
    Posts
    23
    Unhappy eMac video playback problem
    Tryed watching BBC IPlayer tonight and the video playback is shocking it's the same with youtube and any type of video playback. Is there anything i can do to make this better ?
    Kris

  2. #2

    harryb2448's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 28, 2007
    Location
    Nambucca Heads Australia
    Posts
    21,724
    Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 3.3GHz, 512GB Flash, 16GB memory, OS X.11.4.
    Not really as the eMac is locked into the GPU, probably ATI Radeon 9000 depending on your eMac specs.

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Sep 22, 2009
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    Not really as the eMac is locked into the GPU, probably ATI Radeon 9000 depending on your eMac specs.
    Thats a shame, my 5 year old windows laptop can run youtube with out a problem cant belive my emac cant cope with that
    Kris

  4. #4

    hughvane's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 18, 2008
    Location
    Banks Peninsula, Canterbury
    Posts
    3,306
    Specs:
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.11 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    Kris - you posted about a different eMac issue, the noise from the screen. I checked back to that, and can't find any reference to which model of eMac you have. Can we have those specs please. If it's an earlier eMac, and you've loaded Leopard on to it, it's going to struggle, both with processor speed and graphics card. We'll know better once we know more about your eMac.

    Incidentally, in case you're not aware, you can get the eMac specs from the menu bar >blue apple > about this Mac. Or use System Profiler.

    Edit: are you in the UK?

  5. #5


    Member Since
    Sep 22, 2009
    Posts
    23
    sorry it's a 1GHz G4 2GB of ddr ram 160gb hard drive os x 10.5.8
    Kris

  6. #6

    hughvane's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 18, 2008
    Location
    Banks Peninsula, Canterbury
    Posts
    3,306
    Specs:
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.11 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    Quote Originally Posted by kris.rhys View Post
    1GHz G4 2GB of ddr ram 160gb hard drive os x 10.5.8
    Okay, that should handle YouTube without trouble. I can't test or comment on iPlayer because I'm not in the UK.

    It suggests to me that there is a problem either with the graphics card or the monitor.

    I recommend that you run a hardware test of your eMac, booting with the Install & Restore Disk 1 (if you have it). Otherwise, run a hardware check as far as it will go using Disk Utility (in Applications).

    Lastly, make sure you have the appropriate Flash player version. I say 'appropriate' because sometimes the latest version is not the best.

  7. #7


    Member Since
    Sep 22, 2009
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by hughvane View Post
    Okay, that should handle YouTube without trouble. I can't test or comment on iPlayer because I'm not in the UK.

    It suggests to me that there is a problem either with the graphics card or the monitor.

    I recommend that you run a hardware test of your eMac, booting with the Install & Restore Disk 1 (if you have it). Otherwise, run a hardware check as far as it will go using Disk Utility (in Applications).

    Lastly, make sure you have the appropriate Flash player version. I say 'appropriate' because sometimes the latest version is not the best.
    Thank you i will try all that and see what happens
    Kris

  8. #8

    harryb2448's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 28, 2007
    Location
    Nambucca Heads Australia
    Posts
    21,724
    Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 3.3GHz, 512GB Flash, 16GB memory, OS X.11.4.
    If you do not have Apple Hardware Test, go to this link and download the eMac version. Drag the .dmg file to the left hand column of Disk utility , pop in a fresh CD and hit burn. You will be able to boot fromn the disc by placing it in the drive, rebooting and holding dopwn 'C" immediately after the chime.

    Apple Hardware Test Images

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Lightroom generated video playback problem with Quicktime
    By DianeK in forum Movies and Video
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 02:24 PM
  2. I'm having a problem with video playback on my iMac
    By Omega Man in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 03:10 AM
  3. strange problem while video playback
    By psaxena in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 09:29 AM
  4. video playback help
    By Nodari in forum Movies and Video
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2007, 05:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •