New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Desktops Discussion of Apple's desktop machines including Mac Pro, iMac, Power Mac, and mini

mini - How do you back up your mac mini?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BluesForDan

BluesForDan is an unknown at this point

As far as I can tell, this is a great little machine. However, I'm pretty certain you can't burn DVDs on them, that is correct? How do you do back ups on them, then? I'm this close >< to getting one.

Oh, and is the audio in stereo or mono?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

There is a superdrive on the Mini which can write DVD's no problem. So you can use that to backup your Mini. I have a Netgear NAS that acts as a Time Machine storage (Time Capsule equivalent) which backs up my Mini.

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
southchatham

southchatham is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2006 macbook, 2009 mac mini

Also, if you're referring to the OS, Apple gives you disks of all software. You don't need to burn your own like most pc's have you do now.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Apple - Mac mini - Tech Specs - Explore every Mac mini detail, inside and out.

Read the Storage part.
QUOTE Thanks
BluesForDan

BluesForDan is an unknown at this point

thank you
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Using time machine to copy G5 HDD | finally decide that i am going to get imac »